Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
SFCN is participating in the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program.
So what is it?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program is an FCC program beginning May 12th, 2021, to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. This program will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households. The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly service discount per household.
The EBB Program is a temporary program that ends either when the federal funding for the program is exhausted or 6 months after the date that the Secretary of Health and Human Services declares an end to the COVID-19 emergency, whichever comes first.
Who is eligible?
A household is eligible to participate in the EBB Program if a member of the household meets at least one of these criteria:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch or breakfast program, including the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since Feb. 29, 2020, and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers’ existing low-income or COVID-19 program
How can I check my eligibility?
How do I sign up?
If you believe that your household is eligible to participate in the EBB Program, follow the steps below to verify your eligibility and apply for the EBB discount:
- First you must verify your household's eligibility.
- The preferred method is using the FCC's online Application tool.
- If you do not wish to complete an online eligibility verification, you can call
833-511-0311 for a mail-in application and return it along with proof of eligibility to:
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
- You can also request this information in braille or large print by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- After your eligibility has been verified, bring your I.D. in to our office between 9 AM and
4 PM, Monday through Friday to sign the consent form allowing SFCN to enroll you in the EBB
- This is a required in-person step that cannot be completed over the phone or via email. Please don't ask for an exception. This is an EBB Program requirement, not an SFCN requirement.
- Enrollment in the EBB Program relies on your eligibility being verified in the National Verifier system. If you have not successfully completed step 1, SFCN will be unable to enroll you in the EBB Program.
- Our office is located at 65 South 630 West in Spanish Fork.